Two years ago, stress-related illness cost Americans over $300 billion in lost wages and medical bills. Last year, our total medical expenses exceeded an astounding $3.35 trillion. As these figures continue to climb, can any one of us afford to be part of these statistics?
Art + Yoga Wellness addresses stress and offers physical health benefits to most everyone. The methods are effective in improving a wide range of illnesses and medication side effects, and are known to prevent illness. The best part is that the Art + Yoga method doesn’t taste like medicine—and in fact, it’s fun!
Feel Better With Art + Yoga
Yoga supports the functioning of every physical system, so its list of biological benefits is long. Here’s just a snapshot of what happens in your body when you practice Art + Yoga Wellness:
- Yoga reduces the production of stress hormones such as cortisol and norepinephrine. Toxic buildup of these hormones contributes to numerous illnesses including lung and heart disease —two prominent health issues in America.
- Yoga Strengthens the Immune System. Studies demonstrate that regular yoga practice increases white blood cell count, while also stimulating the lymphatic system. This not only helps to prevent the common cold, but is a powerful aid to individuals who suffer from chronic illness or who take medications that attack immune system functioning.
- Yoga Helps Metabolize Medication by stimulating circulation.
- Yoga Reduces Medication Side Effects. Yoga reduces and sometimes removes side effects from many drugs, including drugs that cause peripheral neuropathy, a numbness and inflammation of the extremities.
And that’s not all! Additionally,
- Artmaking helps decrease heart and breath rate while lowering cortisol production, all which are elevated by stress. 77% of Americans report feeling physical stress-related symptoms including accelerated heart rate.
Get Well-Rounded Benefits Beyond Physical Health
The beauty of Art + Yoga Wellness is that these same methods have also been shown to address trauma, to improve mood and outlook, and to stabilize emotional and hormonal imbalances. I develop yoga sequences that are so simple they can be used by most every man, woman, child, elderly person, and person of disability. And, the method can be used as a health preventative as well as a tool for people who are already ill. Art + Yoga accomplishes all this—and did I mention that it’s fun?
Jodi Gonzales ATR, NCC, RYT200 is a credentialed art therapist, counselor and yoga instructor. She is the creator of Art + Yoga Wellness, a powerful program that provides effective tools for improving resilience, including emotional and physical health. Jodi offers presentations and group workshops both in-person and on-line. To learn about how Art + Yoga Wellness will benefit you or your organization, contact Jodi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-276-1878. Current events and workshops are posted at http://artyogawellness.com/events/ and on Facebook.